18 July 2015

Dream Italian? Think Italian. Be Italian!


* SPOTLIGHT ON: Italy

 
Did you know:
  • Italy is shaped like a boot!
  • Italy has the lowest birthrate in all of Europe. How strange since Italian families are so large! Italians live a very long time! They consume 66 pounds of pasta and 60 litres of wine a year!
  • Naples introduced the world to pizza!
  • In Ivrea they celebrate Lent by throwing oranges at each other.
  • Everyday 3,000 Euro get thrown into the Trevi Fountain.
  • Florence Nightingale was named for the city of her birth.
  • Rome is known as the “Eternal City” and the “Caput Mundi”.
Read more at:
Fun Facts on Italy

Also, did you know that Italy is a country of choice for some expatriates. I did not know that. I thought all expatriates moved to The Bahamas. Of course, in my narrow-minded way of thinking, I was only thinking that it was Americans who were choosing to expatriate. There are people who live in other countries who choose to leave their homelands too. Shocking, I know! You’d think it’s was only the Americans who would become disgruntled. We’re such big babies. We complain about everything and never count our blessings. Some of US. Not all. I’m not considering expatriation and don’t think I ever will. I don’t care what Rick Steves says, he is not gonna make a convert out of me!!! :) But since Italy invented pizza*, I think it reasonable to place this country on a list of “Possible Countries to Live In as an Expat and/or At Least Go On Vacation There”.


(* Per one source.  Another source says it was the Persians.  Me?  Just happy it was invented!  See my Google+ Collection:  PIZZA Craving.)
 
Read more at:

Fun & Interesting Facts about the Culture in Italy



Wherever you go - BE SAFE and HAPPY VACATIONING!!



* * *
More Travel-Related Posts at My Blog Stop!





Search This Blog?

Custom Search

Need to Expand Search?

Custom Search